The implementation team consists of:
- a consultant hired to work on the implementation plan, MoUs, assist with site selection, etc.
- a programme officer at RESTORE Belize responsible for ensuring that all responsibilities are fulfilled.
- two further members of RESTORE comprising the site selection team
- two representatives of the Ministry of Education/ Belize Literacy Unit
Requests for proposals have been sent to 11 sites. Responses have been received from:
- Kolbe Foundation
- Yabra Community Policing
- Youth Hostel
Site inspections are ongoing and agencies are encouraged to submit their proposals.
All software has been purchased and delivered. The first software installation is taking place today Friday Jan 25 at RESTORE Belize. The software training is scheduled for February 11 to 13th. This training will be facilitated by representatives from Walter Management Services and Literacy without Borders.
All computers have been paid for with assurance of final shipment by the end of January.
- Be a community service volunteers. This programme depends on a steady stream of student teachers and social workers so that no volunteer has a workload that becomes a burden.
- Find out the site that is closest to you. Encourage friends and family who need the service to use it.